We have a house! Well, almost. J and I have found a house that we like and will sign our soul away on October 17. We found out our offer was accepted at 11:50 pm on Sunday, August 24. I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep. All I could think of was the upcoming projects I wanted to do in our new house and what needs to be done at our current apartment.
This isn’t my first rodeo with moving. Growing up, my family moved a lot. I wouldn’t call myself a pro but I know a thing or two. This time however, I wanted it to be the smoothest, easiest move ever.When J and I moved out of our college apartment, we got free boxes (11:35pm at Walmart’s cereal aisle), we labeled, color coded and made spreadsheets. But I feel that this move could be even better. During my lunch hour, I began perusing Pinterest for tips on moving. Everyone has suggestions- it’s amazing how much wisdom and insight that I had NEVER thought of.
So here are some of the tips I plan on doing:
- color code everything by room
- keep a spreadsheet of everything, it’s location and the box number
- number boxes using a system (100s are Kitchen, 200s bedroom etc.)
- have a sheet of paper in the coordinating color in each room
- hire movers for the large pieces of furniture
- pack slowly over the next two months and move what we can by ourselves
Are we missing anything? Please leave your comments below and let us know what worked for you!